Thursday 30 August 2012

Weatheroak Hill Brewery

Tonight I decided it was time for a little trip again so once I finished work I got out my Good Beer Guide.  The Coach and Horses at Weatheroak was my chosen destination and after plugging the post code into my satnav I was on my way.  A mere 16 miles from Stratford-upon-Avon  by avoiding the motorways and it wasn't long before I found myself pulling up into their large car park.  The pub had a somewhat strange appearance.  The modern attachment housing the restaurant looked a little out of place but I skirted around that to enter into the older part where I had a choice of bars to the left or right.  Choosing the door to my right I found myself in a split level bar.  The busy lower level area around the bar had no vacant stools so after choosing my pint (the mid-strength WHB at 4.2% ABV) I stepped into a larger lounge area with very comfortable seats around quite a number of tables.  To be busy so early in the evening means they are obviously doing things right.  The bar menu was tempting and the beer selection was excellent with a couple of guest beers (Holdens Special and Wood Shropshire Lad) in addition to the Weatheroak Hill  brews. 

WHB was a lovely chestnut coloured best bitter and it had a distinctive nutty tang to it.  As I was driving I stuck to my usual single pint but with a collection of books available to read I could happily have stayed there all evening and sampled a pint of everything on tap.  The pub was welcoming and had a lovely friendly atmosphere.  If you are ever in the area (the pub is within touching distance of the M42 south of Birmingham) then do pay a visit.  You will not be disappointed.

Happy drinking.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment